This class helps the expectant mother and her partner prepare for breastfeeding. The course will include practical advice on getting started, avoiding problems, and building confidence with nursing your infant.
Topics covered in the two-hour class include:
- Benefits of breastfeeding for babies, mothers and fathers
- Getting started, proper latch on, prevention of common complications
- How to know your baby is getting enough to eat
- A father's role in a breastfeeding family
- Strategies for working mothers and breast pumps
We encourage partners or another family member to attend with the mother. All breastfeeding classes are taught by a Board Certified Lactation Consultant. Class fee of $20 includes a breastfeeding guide.
Classes are held in the first floor meeting room at The Center for Women, 207 N. Bonnie Brae Street.
For more information or to enroll in the class, call 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355).