Cardiac Catheterization Aftercare Checklist
- Do not drive for 48 hours after your procedure.
- Don’t lift anything more than 15 pounds for the next two weeks.
- Walk 10 to 15 minutes two times a day.
- Call your cardiologist if you have a fever of 101 degrees or higher.
- Call your cardiologist if you experience any bleeding or swelling at the site of your incision.
- Schedule a follow-up office visit in two to four weeks with your cardiologist. Another follow-up office should be scheduled in three months.
- Call your doctor if you have any problems or questions.