The pediatric aquatic therapy program at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano was developed by a licensed therapist trained to address the specific needs of children. Texas Health Plano has two salt-water therapy pools with varied depths, and a lift is available for patients who are not able to use the steps. The buoyancy of the water is ideal for increasing range of motion, strength, cardiovascular conditioning and muscle tone. Aquatic-based therapy offers a fun environment that can be a great addition to your child's current treatment program.
Potential benefits of aquatic therapy:
- Increased range of motion, endurance, strengthening and joint flexibility
- Decreased pain
- Promotes relaxation and decreased abnormal muscle tone
- Increased coordination
- Increased perceptual/spatial awareness
- Promotes freedom of movement in patients with mobility limitations
- Motivation and enjoyment
- Confidence in the water will build with exposure
For additional information regarding pediatric aquatic therapy services at Texas Health Plano or to schedule an appointment, call 972-981-8185. A physician referral is required.
To find a physician, search our directory or call 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355).
For more information about what is going on at Texas Health Plano, follow us on Facebook.