Hospitalization and illness can be very stressful and disruptive for patients, their families, and other loved ones. Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano respects the right and responsibility of patients to express any concerns or grievances they may have about the care and services they receive.
We encourage you to speak with your primary nurse or with the unit Nurse Manger whenever concerns arise. The staff at the point of service is usually able to provide a quick response to most expressed needs. They are familiar with other staff members and resources that may be available to help. Every member of our staff is expected to take patient concerns seriously and to work on the patient's behalf to provide relief.
However, there may be occasions when you feel that you need someone to intervene for you if you are uncomfortable or dissatisfied with our response. A Patient and Staff Advocate can assist both you and the clinical staff in the following ways:
- Act as a communication link between patients, family, hospital staff, and physicians
- Respond to unresolved concerns and work to find solutions
- Investigate previous communication and outcomes
- Identify alternatives and help patients and families understand choices
- Follow up as needed to provide support
- Assist with non-clinical needs or requests
- Make recommendations for improvements to care and service processes, based on customer feedback
To contact the Patient and Staff Advocate:
- Ask any staff member to speak to a Patient Advocate
- Call the Advocate directly at 972-981-8917 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. (Messages left after hours or on weekends will be returned the following business day)
- Write to the Advocate C/O Guest Services Department, 6200 W. Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093
- Visit the Contact Us page, where you may request to be contacted