Texas Health Research & Education Institute advances health through research and education.
TEXAS HEALTH RESEARCH & EDUCATION INSTITUTE
- 200 research studies conducted across the Texas Health system
- All research studies approved by system Institutional Review Board
- 53,000 CME credit hours awarded annually to health care professional
- 800 CME activities annually
- More than 10,000 physicians have trained at Texas Health Minimally Invasive Technology Center
As an independent, not-for-profit organization within Texas Health Resources, Texas Health Research & Education:
- Conducts research that contributes to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Offers continuing medical education to physicians and other health care professionals.
Texas Health Research & Education facilitates and conducts clinical and pre-clinical research throughout Texas Health Resources. We advance patient care through translational research, including research and clinical trials in varied specialties, product evaluation, proof of concept testing and product development.
Continuing Medical Education
We help keep physicians and other health care professionals current with medical knowledge through accredited continuing medical education (CME) programs. Along with traditional classroom learning, physicians and nurses take courses online and through satellite broadcasts.
Texas Health Research & Education Institute Minimally Invasive Technology Center
The Texas Health Minimally Invasive Technology Center, operated by Texas Health Research & Education, provides research and training capabilities for both Texas Health-affiliated physicians, as well as physicians affiliated with other institutions.