Our Strengths and Services
Our ability to help other health care organizations succeed derives from the clinical and operational expertise of Texas Health Resources' clinical IT leaders. Along with benefitting millions of North Texans daily through their work at Texas Health Resources, they serve in leadership positions on national organizations that are helping health providers nationwide use information technology to advance patient care and safety.
|Click image for larger version
The experience and skills of these nationally recognized health care IT leaders form the foundation of our core strengths that benefit our clients:
- Organizational alignment of IT initiatives
- Shared vision
- Leadership support and engagement
- Alignment of goals and objectives
- Strategic planning and governance for IT implementation
- Collaborative approach
- Transparent project prioritization
- Focus on ROI and other benefits realization of projects
- Clinical workflow and adoption
- Engage clinicians from initial process design
- Change management to drive cultural readiness for caregivers
- Greater than 80 percent CPOE adoption by second week of go-live
- Clinical content (order sets)
- Greater than 65 percent usage of standardized order sets
- Successfully performed Leapfrog test for the safety of order sets
- Project management
- Project management office with certified project managers
- Dedicated focus
- Core measures and metrics
- Driven by metrics
- Establishment and monitoring of performance metrics
- Alignment of key metrics with department and organization strategy
- Physician support and training
- Recognize as important part of strategy
- Engage the organization in supporting clinicians during go-live
- Engage vendors and employees
Texas Health Advisory Services helps health care organizations achieve organizational efficiencies while enhancing clinical effectiveness. We provide real-world IT solutions in critical areas of health provider clinical and business operations:
- EHR advisory services
- Help gather requirements and facilitate the selection of an EHR system that meets your needs.
- Create standardized order sets.
- Develop physician engagement strategies.
- Accelerate EHR planning and implementation.
- Assess EHR readiness.
- Assist with value realization
- EHR hosting, implementation and optimization
- Inpatient electronic medical record (EMR) and clinical documentation: Help health care providers design, build and support an EPIC-based EMR.
- EHR benefits realization: Teach providers to realize non-financial benefits of the EHR such as enhanced nursing efficiency and decreased medication error rate.
- Host EPIC EHR modules for health care organizations.
- Meaningful Use readiness (assessment and monitoring tools)
- Assess the health care system's EHR on its readiness to receive federal/state incentives for Meaningful Use.
- Perform ongoing monitoring as well as eligibility assessments.
- Strategic planning, governance and project management office (PMO) capabilities
- Help organizations build a bottoms-up IT strategic planning process that is sustainable long-term.
- Assist organizations in establishing a strong IT governance and oversight process that is linked to its PMO and strategic planning functions.
- Leadership and training
- Provide executive coaching and team development for IT departments.
- Perform professional development assessments (e.g., Myers-Briggs).
- Provide EHR training assessment and scheduling consulting.
- IT services (applications and infrastructure for EPIC)
- Telecommunications support: Set up and host telephony services.
- Networking support: Set up and host local area networks (LANs).