We are committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment for our smallest patients and their families. Our goal is to protect our most vulnerable patients from exposure to potential infection, as well as from the threat of abduction. In order to meet this goal:
- The Women's Center is a secure unit. This means that the entrance is kept locked at all times. Traffic will be strictly limited.
- All visitors must be buzzed in by hospital staff. This allows us to keep track of who is in and out of the unit.
- Once you have been let in by the Labor and Delivery staff, please do not let other visitors, especially those you do not know in through the locked entrance.
- The unit is under constant video surveillance
- To ensure the privacy of all of our patients, no waiting is allowed in the hallway.
- A Family Lounge is located on the unit. This is where friends and family may wait.
- No children are allowed in Labor and Delivery, other than well siblings
- Any visitor may be asked to leave if causing a disturbance
- Visitors may be screened for fever or any other signs of acute illness, such as upper respiratory infection or gastroenteritis, or for recent exposure to communicable diseases, such as chickenpox. These conditions could be dangerous, even fatal to a newborn.