When you put your check in the mail or submit a secure online donation, you may have wondered if it would make a difference. Because of your generosity, Texas Health Harris Methodist hospitals and Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital are able to reach out in ways that make an important impact on the community.
You may never know the people you touch through your contribution to Texas Health Harris Methodist Foundation. Here are examples of your gift at work:
- Provided screening mammograms, colon cancer screenings, skin care screenings, prostate cancer screenings and educational resources for the underserved in Tarrant County.
- Opened the Healthy Living Clinic to help patients with disease management by providing a patient-centered medical home where they can access fundamental, primary health care in a group setting.
- Provided more than 50,000 Vial of L.I.F.E.’s to the community; giving recipients a bottle to place urgently needed medical information in the hands of first responders and emergency department team members.
- Upgraded the Cardiac Rehabilitation Department at Texas Health Hurst-Euless-Bedford to better serve individuals who have suffered heart attacks and heart-related conditions by providing personalized exercise prescriptions, educational classes, lifestyle modification programs and EKG monitored exercise.
- Developed a highly effective Faith Community Nursing program at Texas Health Fort Worth that allows the hospital to work through nurses in 50 faith communities to provide health screenings, flu shots, and educational programs that strive to make congregations, and therefore communities, healthier.
- Provided funding throughout Texas Health hospitals to advance continuing nursing education and enrichment.
- Assisted the H2OPE program with providing special needs children water fitness exercise and swimming lessons allowing them an avenue to maintain physical fitness and have fun in an environment that decreases pain.
News and Publications
Keep up-to-date with the latest philanthropic news from Texas Health Harris Methodist Foundation.
Grateful Hearts — Honor Your Caregiver
Learn more about our Grateful Hearts program, including how you can support vital hospital programs and services in recognition of your outstanding caregiver(s).