Planning to have a baby? At Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance, we feel your experience will be unmatched.
From personalized care that’s enhanced by advanced technology, to our compassionate caregivers and physicians on the medical staff, you will have the ability to focus on what’s truly important — your newest addition.
Our maternity services include:
- Pre-delivery services, such as antepartum testing, contraction stress testing, amniocentesis, and high-risk antepartum care
- Physician offices located on campus, including obstetrician/gynecologists, materal/fetal medicine, gastroenterologists and more
- Labor and delivery unit with spacious birthing suites and high-risk OB care
- Mother-Baby unit with spacious suites, each offering a bedside monitor with Internet connection and endless resources, including personal health information, educational videos and complimentary movies, plus a mini refrigerator and fold-out couch
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for premature babies and those needing extra special care — the only NICU in the area
- Bubble CPAP in the NICU — a breathing assistance system that shows promising results in decreasing the incidence of chronic lung disease among premature infants
- All babies are treated by neonatologists, who specialize in caring for newborns
- Early post-discharge newborn evaluation for jaundice (yellowing of the skin in the newborn) provided upon physician referral
- Free car seat checks — to register, call 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355)
- Childbirth education classes — including an online version
- Breastfeeding support, including lactation services and free online breastfeeding education
- Skilled, compassionate nursing staff who provide family centered care
- HALO® Sleep Sacks are used during your baby’s stay and every newborn receives one to take home
And to help you through your journey, here are some resources:
If you need help finding a physician, search our directory or call 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355).
And join us on Facebook!