Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) refers to chronic lung disorders that result in reduced air flow in the lungs. The two main COPD disorders are emphysema and chronic bronchitis, the most common causes of respiratory failure.
Damage from COPD is sometimes permanent. Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle provides a comprehensive approach to the treatment of COPD and other respiratory problems. The approach includes working with a group of specialists, including pulmonologists (lung specialists), internal medicine doctors, respiratory therapists, and nurses.
At Texas Health Azle, we tailor your care to bring about the best outcome possible.
Benefits of Pulmonology
- Improved quality of life — physical, emotional and occupational well-being
- Medical regimens customized to patients' individual needs, possibly reducing overall dependence on medications
- Reduced medical cost
- Reduced dependence on the medical system
Choose the Right Doctor
The pulmonologists on the medical staff of Texas Health Azle diagnose and treat a wide range of COPD and related respiratory illnesses using the latest techniques, medicines and equipment.
Our healthcare team is there to assist our physicians in providing quality care. We accept most private insurance, Medicare and Workers' Compensation.
- Chronic bronchitis
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Post pneumonectomy
- Respiratory distress
- Respiratory arrest
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Pulmonary medical management
- Pulmonary function testing
- Peak flow testing and education
- Arterial blood gasses
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Ventilator management
- Non-invasive ventilation
- Asthma education
- Smoking education
- Nebulizer therapy
- Intermittent positive pressure breathing
- Chest physiotherapy (CPT)
- Positive Expiratory therapy (PEP) and Vibratory therapy
Doctors on the medical staff practice independently and are not employees or agents of the hospital.
For more information, call 817-444-8600 or 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355).