The Birdsong Women's Center offers antepartum care, family-centered labor and delivery in birthing rooms, Level III nursery, inpatient care for gynecology surgery patients, and outpatient Family Resource Center, lactation counseling and a variety of prenatal classes.
The Birdsong Center also has a Cesarean birth operating suite and labor triage room. Anesthesia services are provided by board-certified anesthesiologists.
When you begin to labor, follow your physician's instructions regarding when to go to the hospital. Parking is available near the main entrance of the hospital on Graham Street. After 9 p.m., you may enter the hospital through the Emergency Entrance. All other entrances are open from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekends.
Upon arrival, you will be assessed by specially trained nurses in our triage room. The nurses and physicians will work in collaboration to determine the best care for you.
We are committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment for our smallest patients and their families. Our goal is to protect our most vulnerable patients from exposure to potential infection, as well as from the threat of abduction. In order to meet this goal:
- The Women's Center is a secure unit. This means that the entrance is kept locked at all times. Traffic will be strictly limited.
- All visitors must be buzzed in by hospital staff. This allows us to keep track of who is in and out of the unit.
- Once you have been let in by the Labor and Delivery staff, please do not let other visitors, especially those you do not know in through the locked entrance.
- The unit is under constant video surveillance
- To ensure the privacy of all of our patients, no waiting is allowed in the hallway.
- A Family Lounge is located on the unit. This is where friends and family may wait.
- No children are allowed in Labor and Delivery, other than well siblings
- Any visitor may be asked to leave if causing a disturbance
- Visitors may be screened for fever or any other signs of acute illness, such as upper respiratory infection or gastroenteritis, or for recent exposure to communicable diseases, such as chickenpox. These conditions could be dangerous, even fatal to a newborn.
Most people take a tour as part of their childbirth education classes. We look forward to showing you The Birdsong Women's Center.
If you are not taking the childbirth classes, or if you haven't selected a hospital for your maternity care, please call 254-965-1585 to schedule a tour.