The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill gives you the opportunity to rehab from surgery, or train through injury, without pain. The treadmill uses patented air pressure technology, which was developed at NASA, to apply a uniform lifting force to your body, reducing body weight, so you feel like you’re walking on air. You can likely walk or run with full range of motion, even after surgery or injury.
The AlterG treadmill’s unique unweighting technology reduces the impact of walking or running, while your body goes through the normal healing process.
Advantages of using an anti-gravity machine include:
- Allows you to walk or run between 20 and 100 percent of your body weight
- Select your reduced body weight where movement becomes pain free
- Allows you the opportunity for a smooth progression back to full recovery
- Lowers the impact on your joints and muscles during exercise
Types of uses of the treadmill are:
- Rehabilitating after surgery of the lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot)
- Training through an injury
- Reduced impact training and conditioning
- Weight control and reduction
- Strength and conditioning for older patients
For more information, call 817-556-4260.