As a major weight-bearing joint of the body, the hip is subjected to considerable stress. If an injury or a disease such as arthritis should damage it, even simple, everyday activities can become very painful. Medication and rehabilitation therapy can often deal with the problem, but sometimes they're not enough.
Medical staff at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas offer a range of treatments for hip pain including resurfacing to the latest minimally invasive procedures in hip replacement that restore strength and mobility faster than ever.
Treatments at Texas Health Dallas include:
- Birmingham hip resurfacing
- Partial hip replacement surgery
- Total hip replacement surgery
- Minimally invasive total hip replacement
- Alternative bearing surfaces
- Osteochondral cartilage transfer
Direct Anterior Approach to Hip Replacement
Minimally invasive hip joint replacement is advancing and Texas Health now offers an approach to get you back on your feet faster. The direct anterior approach for hip replacement is a minimally invasive technique that allows the surgeon to reach the hip joint from the front of the hip as opposed to the side or back. Through this technique and the use of a specialized surgical table, the hip can be replaced without detachment of muscle allowing for a speedy recovery.
- Advantages of the direct anterior approach include:
- Decreased hospital stay and quicker rehabilitation
- Smaller incision and reduced muscle disruption
- Reduced post-operative pain
- Because muscles are not severed the risk of dislocation is reduced
- May allow for a more natural return to normal function and activity
To learn more about the direct anterior approach, click the button below.
Call or click to get details or request an appointment!