All joint replacement program patients are encouraged to attend an informative preoperative class where they learn what to expect before, during and after their procedure. They receive an in-depth guidebook, have their questions answered and meet others joint replacement patients.
Topics covered in the class include:
- Preparing for surgery
- The role of the coach
- How to prepare ahead of time for discharge
- Specialized equipment needed after surgery
- Daily hospital routine after surgery
- Pain management techniques
- The role of physical therapy in the recovery process
- Post-hospital care needs
- Question and answer session
Classes are held at 9 a.m. every Wednesday at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano.
For questions or to register for the class, please call our joint care coordinator at 972-981-2817.