‘Great 100’ List Includes 31 Nurses from Texas Health Resources System Hospitals|
ARLINGTON, Texas — Nurses at Texas Health Resources system hospitals account for 31 of the 2012 “Great 100 Nurses,” an annual award recognizing the best of the nursing profession in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Among the Texas Health nurses named to the prestigious list is Ann Gillis Babin, B.S.N., R.N., PCCN, a nursing supervisor at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth.
“Nursing comprises everything I love about life. As nurses we are privileged to share in some of life’s most private and emotional moments, not just as bystanders, but as supporters, helping people,” said Babin, who has served as a nurse for five years. “This honor isn’t only for me, but represents every nurse who taught me, every patient who allowed me to learn and every moment spent in service.”
The nurses include representatives from ten hospitals as well as a nurse electronic health record analyst in Texas Health’s Innovative Technology Solutions division.
“Texas Health nurses are the compassionate face of health care to our patients,” said Douglas D. Hawthorne, FACHE, CEO of Texas Health. “I’m thrilled to see so many of our star caregivers recognized for setting the standard of excellence in their vital profession.”
DFW Great 100 Nurses, Inc. annually sponsors the DFW Great 100 Nurses to recognize those who exemplify excellence in the art and science of nursing. The award is unique in that honorees do not have to belong to a particular professional organization or practice in a particular clinical specialty to be recognized. Any registered nurse whose place of employment is within the DFW Metroplex or surrounding counties may be nominated by peers. Great 100 Nurses are ultimately selected by a 30-nurse peer committee, who review the blinded nominations.
“Great 100 recognition means a lot to our nurses because it is coming from other nurses,” said Joan S. Clark, D.N.P., R.N., senior vice president and chief nursing executive of Texas Health Resources. “Fellow nurses who have stood in your shoes and worked your shifts have said you are one of the best.”
The “Great 100 Nurses” will be honored at the 22nd annual gala on April 11 at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center in Dallas.
Here is a list of the honorees:
Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery Plano
- Rona Harrison-Ng'ethe, M.S.N., R.N., CNML
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
- Valarie Gilbert, M.S.N./Ed., B.S.N., M.L.A., R.N.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne
- Beverly Barton, R.N.
- Sheri Hammond, M.S.N., A.P.R.N., ACNS-BC, CCRN
- Adam Jobe, R.N.
- Amanda McDonald, B.S.N., R.N.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth
- Ann Gillis Babin, B.S.N., R.N., PCCN
- Leisha Buller, B.S.N., R.N., CMSRN
- Ha Duong, B.S.N., R.N.
- Megan E. Harris, B.S.N., R.N., PCCN
- Ashley Hodo, M.S.N., R.N.
- Jodi Jeffords, B.S.N., R.N., OCN
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford
- Linda Beaverstock, B.S.N., R.N., OBC
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
- Karen Bell, R.N., COHN-S
- Regina Harrison, B.S.N., R.N.
- Kat Vance, R.N., CGRN
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
- Barbara Baggett, B.S.N., R.N., ONC
- Carissa Enright, M.S.N., R.N., PMHNP-BC
- Mary Krogh, R.N., CPAN
- Libby Morse, B.S.N., R.N., CPAN
- Shari Nathanson, B.S.N., R.N.C.-NIC
- Thanh Nguyen, R.N., CRRN
- Thao P. Nguyen, B.S.N., R.N.C.-NIC, CCRN
- Thuy D. Nguyen, B.S.N., R.N., ONC
- Kelli Raibick, M.S.N., R.N., NEA-BC, IBCLC
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton
- Jenna Harper, B.S.N., R.N.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
- Linda Allison, M.S., R.N.
- John Marchand, B.S.N., J.D., R.N., CPAN
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall
- Amy Conner, B.S.N., R.N.
- Tami Hlus-Hawkins, M.S.N., R.N., NEA-BC
Texas Health Resources
For more information about Texas Health Resources, visit TexasHealth.org.