An ounce of prevention pays off with a pound of wellbeing through the cardiac rehabilitation program at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford.
Our four-phase program is designed to provide cardiac patients and their families with all the advantages of cardiac fitness and a new beginning for a healthier lifestyle. The program's emphasis is on education and monitored progressive exercise by the cardiac rehabilitation team.
The cardiac rehabilitation team, in conjunction with the patient's physician, supports each individual through the program. The registered nurses and exercise physiologist provide program participants with the following:
- Telemetry monitored, supervised exercise
- Blood pressure and heart rate monitoring
- An individualized program to help increase endurance and strength
- Education on how to attain a healthier lifestyle
- Classroom education is conducted every Friday by nurses, doctors, exercise physiologist, fitness specialists, chaplains, and a counselor
- One-on-one consultation by a dietician for patients and spouses
- Knowledgeable and professional guidance to help patients adapt to a new lifestyle
Our classroom education is available to the hospital personnel, family and community. Call 817-267-9191 for the current schedule.
The cardiac rehabilitation program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). The program is covered by most insurance and Medicare. Ask your physician about enrollment in the program, or call 817-267-9191.
The Fitness Center is located at 1616 Hospital Parkway, across from Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford.