The Virginia Clay Dorman Breast Care Center offers a wide range of programs related to breast cancer screening, prevention, education, support and rehabilitative services. Physicians on the medical staff provide mammograms, diagnostic mammograms and other special procedures while hospital employees provide breast health education and support resources.
Services by physicians include:
- Digital mammogram screenings
- Diagnostic mammograms with unilateral exams and magnification views
- Breast ultrasound, needle localizations, ultrasound guided biopsies and cyst aspirations
The American Cancer Society urges women 40 and older are urged to have a mammogram every year. Women at increased risk (family history, genetic tendency, past breast cancer) should talk with their doctors about the benefits and limitations of starting mammography screening earlier. To schedule a mammogram, call 817-433-1780, option 1.
Breast health education and support resources are available.
Women should meet the following criteria to be eligible for a screening mammogram:
- Be at least 35 years old. Those under 35 will need a written order from their physician stating the reason why a mammogram has been ordered.
- Have no breast lumps or other breast problems and no personal history of breast cancer
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Not have breast implants
- Have a personal physician
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 817-433-1780, option 1.
LoRad Platinum Mammography Unit
The LoRad Platinum Mammography Unit is a valuable tool helping physicians on the medical staff to detect breast cancer in its earliest stages. The optimal path to overall breast health based on the medical literature to date is to combine mammography with annual visits to a doctor and regular breast self-exams.