Dr. William McLeroy established the precursor to Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle in early 1954 by opening a small physician's office and clinic in Northwest Tarrant County. McLeroy sold the practice to Dr. James Savage and Dr. Jack Mobley in the late 1950s.
The original 16-bed facility has now grown into a suburban hospital with 36 beds, offering outpatient services and serving the communities of Northwest Tarrant County. In 1977, the facility was sold to the Azle Hospital Authority. The hospital later became part of the Harris Methodist Health System and joined Texas Health Resources in 1997.