Texas Health Fort Worth’s Dr. Witham on WFAA|
Texas Health Fort Worth’s Dr. Witham on WFAA
We anticipate a story on WFAA (Ch. 8) about victims from the tornadoes that affected Hood and Johnson counties last night will feature Dr. William Witham, trauma surgeon on the medical staff at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth. Dr. Witham discussed the types of injuries seen in the hospital’s emergency room and trauma ICU.
DMN features Texas Health hospitals’ Leapfrog rankings
The Dallas Morning News today listed Texas Health Resources Dallas-Fort Worth area hospitals’ grades for patient safety according to the latest Hospital Safety Scores from The Leapfrog Group. The Texas Health hospitals scored “A”s and “B”s. Click here to see the article and accompanying list (registration required).
Texas Health Springwood Uptown Dallas center in the news
D Healthcare Daily featured the opening of Texas Health Springwood Center Uptown Dallas. The facility is the first counseling center of its kind in Uptown, and is also the first of Springwood’s centers to offer individualized therapy as well as group counseling. Click here to see the item. The opening was also mentioned on The Dallas Morning News’ NeighborsGo.com and ScrubsReport.com.
Texas Health accolades in D Healthcare Daily
- Texas Health Resources has been recognized with the MAP Award for High Performance in Revenue Cycle from the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman has received Quality Respiratory Care Recognition by the American Association of Respiratory Care.
- The Wound Care Center at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen has earned a Center of Distinction Award. The hospital was recognized for having a center that achieved high quality outcomes for 12 consecutive months.
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford has earned a Level III Trauma Facility designation by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Dr. Hoyt Frenzel, emergency medicine physician and medical director of Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital’s emergency department, has received the Physician of the Year award from the Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council.
- Laura Sullivan, R.N., of Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen has earned the Special Recognition Award at the Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council Employee of the Year luncheon.
Click here to see the column.
Texas Health Kaufman featured in the Kaufman Herald
The Kaufman Herald published an article about the recent national recognition of the respiratory care department at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman. This is their fifth consecutive year to receive this quality award. Both Patsy Youngs, hospital president, and Trisha Scarborough, director of respiratory and physical therapy, were quoted. Read the article here.
WFAA highlights technology in Texas Health Dallas NICU
The NICU at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas was featured during the evening newscast on WFAA (Ch. 8). Chris Brooks, manager of the NICU, spoke about the positive aspects of the Peek-A-Boo cameras installed on 10 cribs in the unit. At this time, the video and audio capabilities of the camera are the first of its kind in a North Texas NICU. An East Texas mom also shared her story and how important the cameras have been to sharing her baby’s milestones with family members who can’t be at the bedside.
All coverage is subject to change due to late-breaking news events. Sign-in or subscription may be required on some websites.