Volunteers play a very important role at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton. We depend on volunteers to provide assistance for patients, their families and hospital staff.
We offer two types of volunteer programs:
- Adult Volunteer Program — For ages 30 and older, held year-round
- College Volunteer Program — For ages 19 to 29
We are not accepting any college volunteer applications until August 2013. Junior Youth program is full.
Because we require a six-month commitment to volunteer, we do not offer community service hours. For information on community service, please contact the United Way of Denton County.
Volunteers must take these steps:
- Make a commitment to volunteer for a minimum of one semester for college volunteers and six months for adults, for at least one four-hour shift a week.
- Complete the volunteer application. Upon receipt of completed application, Volunteer Services will screen and review your application. If the position you applied for meets our current needs, we will call and schedule an interview.
- Interview with Volunteer Sevices coordinator
- Complete Health Testing Requirements:
- Drug Test (requires urine sample)
- TB (Tuberculosis) skin test
- Proof of immunity to measles, mumps varicella and rubella
- Complete orientation and training sessions.
Follow this link to fill out a volunteer application.