The Wound Care and Ostomy Center
A Comprehensive Systematic Approach to Healing and Ostomate Needs
The Wound Care and Ostomy Center provides specialized outpatient treatment for non-healing wounds, as well as outpatient assessment and education regarding fecal and urinary diversions. Treatment is provided by physicians who are supported by nurses certified in wound and ostomy care.
The center focuses on patient and family-centered decision making, while respecting the dignity and rights of the individual and family.
The Wound Care Center can help if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Wound that has not healed within four weeks
- Wound that heals but frequently returns
- Diabetic foot wounds
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Ischemic ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- First- or second-degree burn, manageable on outpatient basis
The Ostomy Center can help if you have a urinary or fecal diversion and desire:
- Additional knowledge regarding self-care skills
- Information to assist you in adjusting to life with a stoma
- Recommendations on pouching difficulties, irrigation, or product use
The Wound Care and Ostomy Center is located on the first floor of The Center for Women. The entrance is on the west side of the building and has easily accessible handicapped parking.
For more information or to speak to a nurse, call 940-898-7182 and select option 2. To schedule an appointment, call Texas Health Denton Outpatient Services at 940-898-7399.