Texas Health Harris Methodist Hurst-Euless-Bedford Hospital has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) under a national program aimed at helping patients and families make informed decisions about the quality of the respiratory care services available in hospitals.
- All respiratory therapists employed by the hospital to deliver bedside respiratory care services are either legally recognized by the state as competent to provide respiratory care services or hold the CRT or RRT credential.
- Respiratory therapists are available 24 hours a day.
Respiratory therapists are specially trained health care professionals who work under physician's orders to provide a wide range of breathing treatments and other services to people with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, lung cancer, AIDS, and other lung or lung-related conditions. They also care for premature infants and are key members of lifesaving response teams charged with handling medical emergencies.
- Pulmonary function testing
- Arterial blood gases
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Ventilator management
- Non-invasive ventilation
- Asthma education
- Smoking education
- Aerosolized medication delivery
- Polysomnograms (Sleep Studies)
- Better breathing support group
- Neonatal respiratory services
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford
1600 Hospital Parkway
Bedford, TX 76022