- Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital's Diabetes Center is currently accepting new patients, but only by referral. You will need to ask your primary care provider to refer you. The diabetes center has a referral form that we fax to the primary care provider or the primary care provider may have his/her own referral form. This form is completed by the primary care provider's staff and faxed to the center. After the referral is received, we call you to schedule an appointment.
- If you are a current patient, please call our main office number — 817-960-6025 — to schedule an appointment.
What to Expect
- You will also complete a new patient questionnaire. We encourage you to print the form and have it filled out in advance.
- For your first appointment, please be prepared to be here for at least one to one and a half hours. You will meet with the certified diabetes educator. Remember to bring your blood glucose meter and log book, if you have one.
- If you do not have a recent A1c, blood work for an A1c will be completed at first appointment. (You do not need to fast).
What to Bring
- If you are a new patient, please be sure to bring either your medications or a list of the medications you are currently taking along with your insurance card(s). Established patients should bring new insurance card(s) when applicable.
- Please be prepared to pay for copays, deductibles, and coinsurances at the time of service.
After Your Visit or Procedure
- After the initial visit, the physician will discuss when he/she would like to see you again. This will depend on your glycemic control. You may be asked to attend diabetes education classes at the hospital's diabetes center or any program recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA).
- Please bring your blood glucose meter and logbook to every visit. The data in the meter/logbook will be used to adjust medication and treatment. The more data in the logbook the better, but we realize the information may not be complete. It is better to be honest than to make up numbers to fill in all the spaces.
Billing and Insurance
- Texas Health Resources' business office is happy to answer any questions about billing and insurance you may have. For more information, call 817-960-6130 or contact your insurance carrier.
Maps and Directions
Center for Diabetes Education
810 West Randol Mill Rd.
Arlington, TX 76012