- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen received a three-year accreditation from The Joint Commission (TJC) for 2010-13.
Honors, Awards and Recognition
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen received the Center of Distinction award for their Wound Care Center in May 2013.
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen received a Quality Respiratory Recognition Award from the American Association for Respiratory Care.
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen was named an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers in early 2012.
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen won two awards for their Wound Care Center in 2012.
- Nancy Fisette and Shelli Boge, radiologic technologists at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen, were named to the list of the Top 25 Technologists by the North Texas Radiologic Technology Society.
- In 2008, Texas Health Allen was designated a "Baby-Friendly Hospital" by the World Health Organization, recognizing its comprehensive approach to supporting breastfeeding of newborns. Texas Health Allen is the first hospital in Texas to receive this distinction and only the 68th in the nation.
- 257 physicians with active privileges on the medical staffs at Texas Health Allen, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano were recognized on the 2007 D Magazine "Best Doctors" list.
- Texas Health Resources was named "Best Baby Talk" by D Magazine in August 2005, in recognition of baby sign language classes offered at Texas Health Allen, Texas Health Dallas and Texas Health Plano.
- In 2004, Texas Health Allen earned the Texas Ten Step Hospital designation from the Texas Department of Health and the Texas Hospital Association. The Texas Ten Step program encourages breastfeeding as the preferred method of feeding newborns and infants.
- In 2003, Texas Health Allen was presented the Millennium Business Award by the Allen Economic Development Corporation (AEDC), the highest honor the community can bestow on those whose contributions have made a difference to the economic landscape of Allen.
- Patricia Kolb, a pharmacist at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen, was honored with a Living the Mission Award.