- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen received a three-year accreditation from The Joint Commission (TJC) for 2010-13.
Honors, Awards and Recognition
- In 2008, Texas Health Allen was designated a "Baby-Friendly Hospital" by the World Health Organization, recognizing its comprehensive approach to supporting breastfeeding of newborns. Texas Health Allen is the first hospital in Texas to receive this distinction and only the 68th in the nation.
- 257 physicians with active privileges on the medical staffs at Texas Health Allen, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano were recognized on the 2007 D Magazine "Best Doctors" list.
- Texas Health Resources was named "Best Baby Talk" by D Magazine in August 2005, in recognition of baby sign language classes offered at Texas Health Allen, Texas Health Dallas and Texas Health Plano.
- In 2004, Texas Health Allen earned the Texas Ten Step Hospital designation from the Texas Department of Health and the Texas Hospital Association. The Texas Ten Step program encourages breastfeeding as the preferred method of feeding newborns and infants.
- In 2003, Texas Health Allen was presented the Millennium Business Award by the Allen Economic Development Corporation (AEDC), the highest honor the community can bestow on those whose contributions have made a difference to the economic landscape of Allen.