Car Seat Safety Check Class
In this class, you will learn how to install and use car seats in your vehicle. This is a hands-on class. Please be prepared to install the seat with assistance. If you are pregnant, you may need to bring another adult to install the car seat. The primary caregiver/legal guardian must attend the class. Car seats are funded by various grants and are provided to low income families. We cannot guarantee that the appropriate seat for your child will be available or fit in your car.
Please note the following:
- Arrive on time. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will need to reschedule.
- If you are unable to attend please call and cancel your appointment.
- If English is not your primary language, participants must bring someone to help translate the class information.
- Someone in the household must have a vehicle.
- Please drive the car your child will normally ride in and bring your vehicle owner's manual (if you have it).
- Prior to coming to class, please make sure the seat belts in your vehicle are in good working order.
- Your child must be present, in order to make the correct car seat adjustments. Please bring another adult to supervise your child during class (if possible).
- One car seat will be given per family and only to the child's legal guardian.
Classes will be held in the Community Education Outreach Classroom 2, located north of the hospital. Please park in the parking lot in front of the building.