The Breastfeeding Support Center at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a collection site for the Mothers' Milk Bank of North Texas.
Breastfeeding is a learned skill with proven benefits to mother and baby. The mission of the Breastfeeding Support Center is to promote and advocate breastfeeding and to help families who choose to breastfeed enjoy a satisfying and successful experience.
The Breastfeeding Support Center offers each of the following services:
- One-on-one consultations with an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) who is also a registered nurse
- Post discharge feeding and jaundice evaluation
- Free telephone counseling
- Special concern follow-up visits
- Breast pump rentals and sales
- Preparations for return to work
The Breastfeeding Support Center is staffed by registered nurses who are certified lactation consultants. This board certification includes:
- Human milk
- Behavioral sciences
- Physiology and breast anatomy
- Developmental stages of infant growth
The center is located across from the lobby of the Siratt Women's Center and is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and by appointment on Sunday.
For more information, call 817-848-4773.