About the Name — CareMap
Evidence-based care has been shown to improve patient outcomes. Making the guidelines understandable to your patients will be a key component. By implementing an easy to remember name, such as CareMap, the program will be more relatable to your patients. As part of the program, you will be able to map out a plan for your patients and give them a visual reminder of their progress. The care maps will clearly show your patients what they need to do along the road to wellness.
New CME Offering on September 12, 2012: Addressing Clinical Inertia in the Initiation and Management of Insulin Therapy: Quality Improvement Strategies for Primary Care
Watch the video to hear a conversation with one of our pilot participants, Dr. Bane Smith, along with his care team, to see how they are using the CareMap reporting and tools to improve patient outcomes.
- View the welcome video
- CareMap Update: June 19, 2012
- Program Guide (includes overview, Q&A and contact information)
- Pilot Participants (includes contact information for participants)
- Contact Us
- Join the discussion on Yammer
- Yammer is a social networking tool for business that allows members to engage in online conversation and idea sharing. All pilot participants are invited to join the Yammer group. You can use this secure forum to exchange ideas, ask question and share best practices. The group will be private and open to pilot participants only and will be monitored by the pilot sponsors: Dr. Maynard Ewton, Dr. James Terry, Chief Quality Officer and Catherine Hill, DNP, Director of Quality & Clinical Outcomes.
How to Join the Yammer Group
- Go to http://yammer.com
- Enter your Texas Health email address. For example: YourName@texashealth.org
- You will receive an email giving you further instructions on how to log in.
- Follow the instructions in the email.
- When you log into Yammer for the first time, you will see general news about Texas Health Resources.
- Look at the left hand column and select the Groups icon.
- Find the CareMap pilot group and request access.