Prostate cancer is the most common cancer to be diagnosed in men (as noted by the American Cancer Society). Receiving a cancer diagnosis is frightening, confusing and can be very stressful for a patient and his family.
The Klabzuba Cancer Center at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth has a goal of providing compassionate, quality services throughout the continuum of cancer care. In January 2003, the Prostate Cancer Resource Center was opened as a step toward expanding the scope and availability of services to men across the community.
The Prostate Cancer Resource Center is staffed by a Nurse Coordinator with an Oncology background. The Coordinator is the initial contact for anyone seeking services through the Prostate Cancer Resource Center. The consultation services of the Coordinator are provided free through the generosity of the Texas Health Resources Foundation.
Services that are offered through the PCRC:
- Individual consultations on the various Prostate cancer treatment options available to men. The consultation is designed to facilitate more meaningful discussions between patients and physicians.
- Educational resources for patients and their families through the Cancer Resource Library and The STEPs to Surviving Prostate Cancer Series.
- Screenings for prostate cancer through the Wellness for Life program
- Patient advocacy and assistance with navigation of the health care system
- Centralized location for information regarding treatment related side effects, new treatment modalities, clinical trials, support groups and survivorship issues
The Prostate Cancer Resource Center has developed a coalition of local physicians that are prepared to provide medical consultation for patients seeking care or second opinions for prostate cancer treatment. These physicians are independent practitioners that are on the medical staff of Texas Health Fort Worth.
For appointments or more information, call 817-820-4868
Maps and Directions
Klabzuba Cancer Center
1300 West Terrell Avenue - Klabzuba Tower
1st floor - Bloxom Consultation Suite