Please click here for new IRB fee amounts effective August 1, 2014.
Submission approvals will generally not be granted if the IRB fee has not been paid.
The following may be exempt from IRB submissions fees:
- Initial Submission (Full board and Expedited Reviews) - $2,000
- Continuing Review (Full board and Expedited Reviews) - $500
- Modification (Full board and Expedited Reviews) - $250
- NIH-funded study
- NIH-like funded study, if overhead is included and is designated for distribution to Texas Health Resources to cover IRB fee.
- Unfunded studies of Texas Health Resources employees in a degree program (i.e., nursing students, medical students, residents)
- Studies that are requested by and which solely benefit a Texas Health Resources hospital (Hospital-initiated study)
- Unfunded Data/Record review study in which there is no financial benefit to the Physician Investigator.
- Unfunded investigator-initiated study, with approval by Texas Health Resources legal counsel.
All exemptions must be approved by the Texas Health Resources Institutional Official.
Return to IRB Home Page