Healthy Nutrition and Tasty Recipes from Texas Health Resources
Tips to Increase Your Fruits and Vegetables
- Eat different colors of fruits and vegetables to get a variety of nutrients.
- Use a smaller plate or bowl to encourage appropriately sized portions.
- Keep a food diary to help track what you eat.
- Plan ahead to make sure your meals are balanced and healthy.
- Eat steamed, broiled, or grilled foods instead of fried foods.
- Switch to low-fat or non-fat milk.
- Drink water instead of soda and other sugar-sweetened drinks.
- Eat at least two vegetables with dinner.
- Have fresh or dried fruit for a snack.
- Keep a bowl of fruit on your counter so it’s easy to find.