|Physical therapists in the Orthopedic Clinic have training in assessment including isokinetic testing and therapy procedures for treatment of musculoskeletal disorders of the spine and pelvis, shoulders, hips, knees and ankles resulting from:
- Sports injuries
- Work injuries
- Overuse Syndromes
- Joint Replacements and Joint Surgeries
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Headaches and Cervical Neuralgia
- Temporomandibular Disorder
The physical therapy treatment focuses on:
- Improving the patient's range of motion (ROM), flexibility, strength, neuromuscular control and endurance
- Educating patients in proper posture, body mechanics, self-care and realistic expected outcomes
- Facilitating progress toward optimal functional outcomes
- Educating patients concerning an effective self-management program
Patients with burns and acute wounds are managed in the Orthopedic Clinic by physical therapists trained in wound assessment and management using hydrotherapy, selective debridement, appropriate dressing selection and patient education in independent wound care.
For more information, call 817-355-8155.