Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is dedicated to making your joint replacement journey go as well as possible, and our joint care coordinator is an important patient resource. Carole Inman, R.N., joint care coordinator, serves as a link between patient and physician, and guides the patient and their family through joint replacement.
Inman has more than 30 years of experience as a nurse, dedicating the majority of her career to caring for orthopedic patients including joint replacement and spine patients. She is a graduate of St. John's School of Nursing in Springfield, Mo. She then completed her bachelor's degree in nursing at Corpus Christi State University.
In addition to teaching a weekly class to educate patients, Inman can help you with the following:
- Preparing for surgery
- Preparing for discharge, including specialized equipment needed after surgery
- Act as a liaison throughout pre and post-operative care
- Daily hospital routine after surgery
- Pain management techniques
- The role of physical therapy in the recovery process
- Coordinate discharge plans to home, rehabilitation center or assisted living facility
- Assist with general insurance questions and claims
- General question and answer
Schedule a complementary consultation with the joint care coordinator by calling 972-981-2817.