Texas Health Research & Education Institute provides services to assist medical device companies and individual inventors in evaluating and developing new technologies. We focus on implantable devices (Class II and III) and related surgical instrumentation. We provide unbiased testing services of high quality, performed in a timely manner, and customized to meet the specific requirements of each client. Our processes are designed to provide clients with the targeted information they need to move projects forward. For more information about product evaluation and development services, please contact Carrie Cantrell.
New technologies often require customized testing solutions. Texas Health Research & Education provides complete experimental services, including protocol development, fixture design, device testing, results analysis and full documentation. Our capabilities include in vivo testing utilizing cadaveric or animal tissue models. Results are kept strictly confidential. However, if desired, we can prepare and submit data for publication in peer-reviewed medical literature in order to quickly disseminate new information regarding a device or technique. Further, the institute's unique position as part of one of Texas' largest hospital systems gives our clients access to specialists in every medical area as part of the process if needed.
Facilities and Equipment
- Dedicated operative suite of general surgical, orthopedic/neuro or cardiovascular capabilities (including cardiopulmonary bypass); complete anesthesia and monitoring capabilities.
- Digital and video documentation available.
- C-arm for fluoroscopic and plain film evaluation
- We can collect specimens to submit to the lab of your choice or arrange histological services with an external lab based on the client's needs.
Examples of Common Testing Components
New Material Characterization
Hard and Soft Tissue Healing
- Wound healing
- Cartilage healing
- Critical bone defect
- Spinal fusion
Impact of Surgical Intervention
- Blood flow characterization