Purpose of this Report
Texas Health Resources’ (Texas Health) baseline Community Responsibility & Sustainability Report provides a high-level overview of our citizenship and sustainability programs, commitments and goals, as well as progress being made to enhance our workplace, our environment of care and to improve the health of people in the communities we serve. The report serves to:
- Capture progress being made in a more transparent and meaningful manner.
- Benchmark and assess our sustainability performance with respect to laws, regulations, norms, codes, and other performance standards and voluntary initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes, reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Compare our performance and achieve a competitive advantage as a faith-based, nonprofit health care system.
- Provide a clear picture of our economic, social and environmental investments to help internal and external stakeholders better understand our mission, vision and values.
- Enhance Texas Health’s long-standing reputation as a good corporate citizen and leader in the community.
The content sheds light on our 2012 operational areas of excellence. It is helping us to identify opportunities for improvement so that we may prioritize sustainability strategies and investments for the future.
Global Reporting Initiative
We prepared our inaugural Community Responsibility & Sustainability Report in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G3.1 guidelines. The GRI provides a framework to transparently discuss economic, environmental, social and governance performance. At the time of this report, Texas Health was among the first faith-based, nonprofit health care systems in Texas and the nation to adopt this international reporting process.