Ethics, Principles & Values
Operating in a complex legal and regulatory environment requires strict adherence to federal and state rules, laws and regulations. Failure to do so can lead to legal, financial and reputational harm, and can negatively impact patient care.
As a faith-based, nonprofit community health care provider, we are committed to complying with our own standards, policies and procedures, as well as laws and regulations. This ensures we conduct business safely, fairly, legally and with integrity.
Since our inception, we have integrated our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence into our expectations for legal and ethical conduct. By so doing, we have earned and maintained the trust of those we employ and serve.
Our chief compliance officer oversees our business ethics, compliance and privacy programs, which are designed to meet federal and state standards and address organizational risks. As an organization committed to continuous improvement, Texas Health revises its policies, procedures, training materials and processes as needed based on feedback and lessons learned.
Additionally, we have dedicated program resources and staff to:
- Assess regulatory risks.
- Monitor, address and audit compliance with laws and regulations.
- Report compliance and ethics-related activities and audit results to senior management and the board’s Audit and Compliance Committee.
- Investigate and resolve allegations of wrong-doing; take disciplinary action when warranted.
- Identify and manage potential conflicts of interest.
- Deploy annual mandatory business ethics, compliance and privacy for all staff.
- Conduct due diligence and include ethics, compliance and confidentiality provisions in contracts.