Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville now has two locations for outpatient surgery: Texas Health Stephenville and Texas Health Outpatient Surgery Center Stephenville.
Thank you for choosing us for your outpatient surgery needs. Sometimes, medical tests and procedures can make you a little uneasy, but we want you to know you can feel comfortable here. We believe when patients have a good idea of what to expect, typically, the overall experience is better.
There are many important steps to take prior to surgery:
- Make sure your pre-op appointment has been scheduled at least five days prior to your scheduled surgery.
- Arrange for a ride home on the day of surgery with a responsible adult and insure adult supervision is available for 24 hours after surgery. For your own safety and protection, you will not be allowed to drive after surgery when any sedation, nerve block or general anesthetic has been given.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin products for one week prior to or after surgery, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor. Ask your doctor for instructions if you take Coumadin®, Motrin®, Advil®, ibuprofen, vitamin E, herbs or a blood thinner such as Plavix®.
- Make a list of your current medications. You may be asked for this list at the time of check-in.
Do not eat, drink (including water), chew gum or smoke prior to surgery as directed by your doctor. Failure to follow these guidelines may cause your surgery to be canceled or rescheduled.
- Plan to arrive promptly at the scheduled time.
- Leave jewelry and valuables at home.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes.
- Do not wear cosmetics or contact lenses.
- Once your surgery is complete, you will be moved to the recovery room or other specified recovery area where you will be monitored.
- Following the initial stage of recovery, your family or friends will be allowed in to sit with you until you are ready to be discharged.
- Post-op instructions will be given to you and your family member. These instructions may include information regarding diet, rest, medication and any other important details related to your care at home.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville — Day Surgery Unit
411 North Belknap
Visitors parking at Texas Health Stephenville is across the street from the hospital on Tarleton St. and Belknap St. and also on Graham St. We recommend that you park in the North Graham parking area and enter the hospital through the Graham St. entrance.
Texas Health Outpatient Surgery Center Stephenville
140 River North Blvd.
Visitors parking at Texas Health Outpatient Surgery Center Stephenville is located in front of the main entrance to the building.
If you would like to shorten the registration time for your scheduled service, you can pre-register online at TexasHealth.org or call 1-877-PRE-ADMT (1-877-773-2368).