Check the links below for authoritative government information about recent cases of H1N1 Flu.
Flu News from Texas Health Resources
Proper Hand Hygiene Techniques
How do I wash my hands correctly?
- Wet hands with warm water.
- Apply soap.
- Rub hands together for at least 15 seconds (sing "Happy Birthday" twice or the "ABCs." Be sure to wash front and back of hands, between figures and around and under fingernails.
- Rinse well, letting water drip off fingers, not run down arms.
- Dry hands with paper towel.
- Turn off water with paper towel. (Remember that dirty hands turned the water faucet on.)
Are there other ways to clean my hands?
Yes. Alcohol hand rubs and disinfecting wipes may also be used as directed on the product's packaging.