- In Practice Since
- Drexel University School of Medicine - Hahnemann University Hospital
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- University of Iowa - MD
- Shirley Ann Williams, M.D., was born in Peoria, Ill. Raised in a family with 12 children, she received her B.S. in Biology from Peoria's Bradley University, where she graduated cum laude. After completing medical school in 1977 at the University of Iowa School of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, Williams continued her education at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio, where she completed a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in noninvasive cardiology.
Upon completion of her formal medical training, Williams became a staff cardiologist at the Veterans Administration Center in Temple, Texas. While there, she also served as assistant professor in the Department of Medicine at the Texas A&M University College of Medicine. These experiences inspired Williams to expand her skills by pursuing an additional fellowship in invasive cardiology at Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pa., in 1990. Prior to her move to Dallas, she was in private practice in Macon, Ga., for 4 1/2 years. A Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, Williams is board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), and the ABIM Subspecialty Board of Cardiovascular Diseases.
In 2011, Williams was nominated as "Cardiologist of the Year" for Denton County. She serves as medical director and chairman of the quality improvement committee and utilization review committee at Lewisville Medical Center, where she is also a member of the leadership team and serves as secretary of the medical staff. Williams is also a member the hospital's critical care committee and open heart committee. She received the Thomas F. Frist humanitarian award from Lewisville Medical Center in April 2011. Williams also serves on the HCA North Texas Division physician quality advisory committee for the nine north Texas hospitals.
Williams holds active medical staff privileges at Texas Health Flower Mound, Lewisville Medical Center and Texas Health Denton.
Williams joined Cardiovascular Specialists P.A. in April, 1995. One of her strengths is an ability to relate to different kinds of people — much of which she attributes to growing up with so many siblings. She also has a special fondness for the elderly, and counts her experiences in caring for older patients as some of her most rewarding.
- Cardiovascular Specialists, PA
- 614 Edmonds Lane
- Ste 101
- Lewisville, TX 75067
- Cardiovascular Specialists, P.A.
- 2560 Central Park Avenue
- Ste 140
- Flower Mound, TX 75028
- Aetna ACO / SWHR Texas Health Aetna ACO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- Aetna/Texas Health Aetna
- BlueCross BlueShield HMO
- BlueCross BlueShield POS
- BlueCross BlueShield PPO
- BlueCross BlueShield Traditional
- ChoiceCare (Humana) EPO
- ChoiceCare (Humana) PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna Open Access OAP
- Cigna PPO
- Cigna West (Great-West) HMO
- Cigna West (Great-West) ONEPlan OAP
- Cigna West (Great-West) PPO
- Coventry/First Health PPO
- HealthSmart EPO
- HealthSmart GEPO
- HealthSmart POS
- HealthSmart PPO
- MultiPlan (Beech Street) PPO
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) Open Access OAP
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) PPO
- TRICARE (Humana Military Health Standard)
- UHC Benefits of Texas (Pacificare) EPO
- UHC Benefits of Texas (Pacificare) PPO
- UHC Benefits of Texas (Pacificare)HMO
- UHC Medicare Solutions (Secure Horizons)HMO
- UnitedHealthcare HMO
- UnitedHealthcare POS
- UnitedHealthcare PPO
- USA Managed Care PPO
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All