- Spine Surgery
- Thomas Jefferson University
- University of California Los Angeles Neurosurgery
- The Second Affiliated Hospital - Zhejiang University School of Medicine
- University of California Los Angeles
- Dr. Yinn Cher Ooi is a skilled surgeon, teacher and researcher in the area of neurosurgery. He came to the United States in 2009 from his native Malaysia to complete his medical education with distinction. Since that time, he has led quality improvement initiatives in cerebral revascularization and spine surgery. He also has pioneered the transition of neuroendovascular procedures from a primary femoral approach to the less intrusive radial approach. His research includes studies involving acute ischemic stroke treatment and mechanical thrombectomy in moderate/distal vessel occlusions.
Dr. Ooi is a neurosurgeon with dual fellowship training in vascular and endovascular neurosurgery. He earned his medical degree Cum Laude at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Pa. He completed his general surgery internship, neurosurgery residency and endovascular neurosurgery fellowship at the University of California - Los Angeles. He also completed his fellowship in open vascular neurosurgery at Second Affiliate Hospital of Zhejiang University in Hang Zhou, China.
Dr. Ooi’s special clinical interests include complex open cerebrovascular surgery, minimally invasive endovascular neurosurgery, and cerebral revascularization surgery for stroke prevention and treatment. He is a member of the American Heart Association and Congress of Neurological Surgeons.
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All