- Sports Medicine
- In Practice Since
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Steadman Philippon Research Institute
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center-Neuroradiology - MD
- George Lebus, M.D., specializes in orthopedic sports medicine and trauma with an emphasis on the arthroscopic and open treatment of hip, knee and shoulder conditions, as well as complex fractures and musculoskeletal injuries. His participation in multiple sports throughout his life, including playing college football while attending Harvard University, has ingrained in him a dedication to athletes and patients afflicted with musculoskeletal injury in general.
Following his undergraduate degree, he returned to his home in Texas for medical school at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. Dr. Lebus was the first individual to receive the two highest honors bestowed upon a graduate. He earned both the Iatros award, a peer-voted honor to recognize excellence in patient care and teamwork, and the Ho Din Award, the most prestigious recognition for a graduate who exemplifies the personal qualities embodied in the physician – knowledge, understanding, and compassion.
Dr. Lebus completed his general surgery internship and orthopedic surgery residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. He went on to complete his fellowship training in sports medicine at Steadman Philippon Research Institute in Vail, Colorado. Dr. Lebus had the opportunity to refine his surgical techniques by caring for athletes of all ages and skill levels, including Olympians and professional athletes from the NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA. Additionally, he was honored with the Steadman Clinic Fellow Award for Outstanding Research.
Dr. Lebus is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine. He has published numerous book chapters and articles in peer-reviewed journals on a variety of topics ranging from osteoporosis in orthopedic trauma patients, malunions of humeral fractures, complex techniques in hip, knee and shoulder surgery, outcomes following arthroscopic hip surgery, and more. He continues to contribute to the care of athletes of all ages and skill levels serving as team physician for various high school athletic programs as well as the United States Ski and Snowboard Association.
- Orthopedic Specialty Associates
- 800 5th Avenue
- Ste 300 Ben Hogan Center
- Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Orthopedic Specialty Associates
- 101 Crown Point Blvd
- Ste 340
- Willow Park, TX 76087
- AccessDirect PPO
- Aetna ACO / SWHR Texas Health Aetna ACO
- Aetna Medicaid
- Aetna PPO
- Aetna/Texas Health Aetna
- American Behavioral Benefits Manager PSYCH PPO
- BlueCross BlueShield PPO
- Bravo Health Medicare Advantage PPO
- Care N'Care Medicare Advantage PPO
- Choice Care (Humana) Medicare Advantage PPO
- ChoiceCare (Humana) PPO
- Cigna PPO
- Cigna West (Great-West) PPO
- Coventry/First Health Medicare Advantage PPO
- Coventry/First Health PPO
- Exchange Product (Blue Choice PPO)
- Galaxy Health Network PPO
- HealthSmart PPO
- HealthSpring Life and Health (Medicare Advantage)
- Medicaid - Adult
- Medicaid - Pediatric
- MultiPlan (Beech Street) PPO
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) PPO
- UHC Benefits of Texas (Pacificare) PPO
- Union Pacific Railroad Employees PPO
- UnitedHealthcare PPO
- USA Managed Care PPO
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All