- Joint Replacement
- New York Medical College - Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery - Residency-1995
- New York Medical College - Dept of Surgery - Residency-1994
- St Paul - UTSW University Medical Center - Internship-1993
- University of California San Francisco/Fresno Program - Fellowship-2015
- University of South Carolina - Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery - Residency-1998
- UTSW Medical School - Medical Education - 1992
- Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Diplomat of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Fellow of the American College of Orthopedic Surgeons
Fellowship Program in Geriatric Orthopedic Surgery and Trauma at UCSF
Jay Bender, M.D., received his medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. He completed his orthopedic training at New York Medical College in Valhalla, N.Y., and the University of South Carolina in Columbia, S.C. He was also a part of the Fellowship Program in Geriatric Orthopedic Surgery and Trauma at UCSF.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Southern Orthopaedic Association, Texas Orthopaedic Association, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Texas Medical Association, Southern Medical Association, and International Society of Clinical Densitometry.
Bender’s special interests include adult reconstructive and geriatric orthopedics. He is accomplished in keeping patients active as they age.
In addition to addressing all facets of general orthopedics, he treats injuries such as hip fractures; disease and inflammation caused by arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis; and other orthopedic conditions through prevention, safe exercise programs and non-surgical treatments. When surgery is necessary, he is highly-trained in the performance of advanced and minimally-invasive techniques that relieve as much discomfort as possible.
When not working, Bender enjoys spending time with his wife and two children.
= Accepting New Patients
- Aetna Better Health Chip Medicaid
- Aetna Better Health Star Plans Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Adv
- Aetna TX HealthAetna
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage HMO(ACA)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials (HMO Blue)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue UT Connect
- Care N Care Medicare Adv
- Cigna Commercial
- Cigna Medicare Adv HMO
- Cigna Medicare Adv PPO
- City of Euless
- Coventry First Health
- Humana ChoiceCare Commercial
- Humana HMO PPO Medicare Adv
- Medicare Railroad
- Medicare Rest Of Texas
- Medicare Tarrant
- Molina Medicaid Chip
- Molina Medicaid Star Plans
- Molina Medicare Adv
- PHCS Multiplan
- ProCare Advantage Medicare HMO
- Superior Medicaid Chip Plans
- Superior Medicaid Star Plans
- Superior Medicare Adv
- Tricare Humana Military
- TriWest (BCBS)
- UHC AARP Medicare Adv
- UHC Commercial
- USA Commercial PPO
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All