- Baylor University Medical Center Program - Residency-2009
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine Program - Fellowship-2011
- UTSW Medical School - Medical Education - 2004
- A passion for caring for others took Mark Pool, M.D., from chemical engineering to health care. He earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, then completed his general surgery residency at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas and cardiac surgery fellowship at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, N.C. He is board-certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
Pool’s areas of focus include coronary revascularization (bypass surgery), mitral and aortic valve repair and replacement, and robotic lung operations. He performs some of the most complicated and high-risk heart operations in North Texas, including redo operations and multi-valve surgery. He also performs minimally-invasive surgery. Pool is part of the Texas Health Dallas team performing TAVI, an emerging technology that allows a new aortic valve to be put in without an open incision.
Pool has been named a Super Doctor and Rising Star multiple times by Texas Monthly. He has also been listed as a Best Doctor of Cardiothoracic Surgery in D Magazine for several years. He has privileges at Texas Health Dallas and Texas Health Plano.
He is known for his laid-back style of communicating, and patients often comment about his ability to explain complex aspects of surgery in a way that is easy to understand.
Pool is married to his lovely wife, Jessica, and has eight children. He is active in his church and can often be spotted praying with his patients.
Connect with Pool on Facebook.
= Accepting New Patients
- Aetna Better Health Chip Medicaid
- Aetna Better Health Star Plans Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Adv
- Aetna TX HealthAetna
- Amerigroup Medicaid
- Amerigroup Medicare Adv
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage HMO(ACA)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials (HMO Blue)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue UT Connect
- Care N Care Medicare Adv
- Cigna Commercial
- Cigna Medicare Adv HMO
- Cigna Medicare Adv PPO
- City of Euless
- Coventry First Health
- Fort Worth Firefighters
- HealthScope (DART)
- Humana ChoiceCare Commercial
- Humana HMO PPO Medicare Adv
- Medicaid Oklahoma
- Medicare Dallas
- Medicare Railroad
- Medicare Rest Of Texas
- Molina Medicaid Chip
- Molina Medicaid Star Plans
- Molina Medicare Adv
- PHCS Multiplan
- ProCare Advantage Medicare HMO
- Superior Medicaid Chip Plans
- Superior Medicaid Star Plans
- Superior Medicare Adv
- Tricare Humana Military
- TriWest (BCBS)
- UHC AARP Medicare Adv
- UHC Commercial
- USA Commercial PPO
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All