- Joint Replacement
- University of Texas HSC San Antonio-GME Office of the Medical Dean - MD
- Duke University Medical Center
- Vanderbilt University Program - Orthopaedic Surgery
- As a former collegiate football player, Dr. Adam Brekke understands the desire of active individuals and athletes to remain mobile and at their peak performance level. His passion for joint health and optimal performance fueled his interest in a career in orthopedics. Dr. Brekke is a board-eligible orthopedic surgeon with specialized training in adult reconstructive techniques for the hip and knee, including anterior-based muscle sparing hip replacement, mini-incision, partial and total joint arthroplasty, as well as complex reconstruction and revision arthroplasty. His additional focus areas include comprehensive arthritis care, joint injection therapies to promote joint preservation, rehabilitative care, and the treatment of orthopedic infections, wounds and fractures.
A native Texan, Dr. Brekke spent two years after college as a Research Fellow at the Institute of Orthopedic Research and Education in Houston focusing on patient outcomes after joint replacement. He then earned his medical degree at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio where he received the Charles Rockwood Jr. Award for Excellence in Orthopaedics and graduated as a member of the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn. During his final year, he served as chief resident of his class. His continued efforts in arthroplasty research earned him the Kathy Cramer Award for Outstanding Research as well as a resident research grant from the Orthopedic Research and Educational Foundation.
Dr. Brekke is also fellowship-trained in adult reconstruction from Duke Orthopedic Surgery in Durham, N.C. He has been serving the orthopedic needs of patients since 2014 as a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
- 5450 Clearfork Main
- 5450 Clearfork Main
- Ste 100
- Fort Worth, TX 76109-3562
= Accepting New Patients
- Aetna Medicare Adv
- Aetna TX HealthAetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage HMO(ACA)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials (HMO Blue)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue UT Connect
- Care N Care Medicare Adv
- Cigna Commercial
- Cigna Medicare Adv HMO
- Cigna Medicare Adv PPO
- City of Euless
- Coventry First Health
- Fort Worth Firefighters
- HealthScope (DART)
- Humana ChoiceCare Commercial
- Humana HMO PPO Medicare Adv
- Medicaid Tarrant
- Medicare Railroad
- Medicare Tarrant
- PHCS Multiplan
- ProCare Advantage Medicare HMO
- Tricare Humana Military
- TriWest (BCBS)
- UHC AARP Medicare Adv
- UHC Commercial
- USA Commercial PPO
- WellMed UHC Medicare Adv HMO (SWHR Medicare Complete)
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All