- Joint Replacement
- Emory University School of Medicine Department of Orthopaedic Surgery - Residency-2020
- University of California San Francisco - Department of Orthopaedic Surgery - Fellowship-2021
- Vanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Management - Graduate School - 2015
- Emory University School of Medicine - Graduate School-2020
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine - Medical Education - 2015
- Dr. David Shau is a Fort Worth native who is fellowship-trained in reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee. He was first exposed to orthopedics in high school following his own sports-related injuries but gained further interest through his undergraduate studies in biomedical engineering at the University of Texas at Austin, where he was first introduced to biomechanics, material science, and healthcare technology, among many other related topics.
He then attended Vanderbilt University for a dual MD/MBA program and was active in orthopedic research and clinical participation, which earned him the Orthopaedic Clerkship Award. Next, he completed his orthopedic surgery training at Emory University and also completed a healthcare management residency. He was selected to serve as an administrative chief resident during his final year of residency and completed a fellowship in hip and knee arthroplasty at the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Shau utilizes a variety of techniques and approaches for hip and knee care and offers technology-assisted surgeries, partial and total joint replacements, as well as same-day surgeries for appropriate candidates. He places a priority on communication, teamwork, and perioperative care for his patients, with the aim of improving quality of life for both patients and their loved ones alike.
Dr. Shau is one of the physicians of Texas Hip and Knee Center, a part of Texas Health Physicians Group. All Texas Hip and Knee Center physicians are on the medical staff of Texas Health Harris Hospital Southwest. They primarily practice at Texas Health Clearfork, a part of Texas Health Southwest that is a premier destination for joint care®, where they collectively perform more than 3,000 hip and knee replacements annually.
- 10900 Founders Way Ste 201
- 10900 Founders Way, Ste 201
- Fort Worth, TX 76244-4955
- 5450 Clearfork Main
- 5450 Clearfork Main
- Ste 100
- Fort Worth, TX 76109-3562
= Accepting New Patients
- Aetna Medicare Adv
- Aetna TX HealthAetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage HMO(ACA)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials (HMO Blue)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue UT Connect
- Care N Care Medicare Adv
- Cigna Commercial
- Cigna Medicare Adv HMO
- Cigna Medicare Adv PPO
- City of Euless
- Coventry First Health
- Fort Worth Firefighters
- HealthScope (DART)
- Humana ChoiceCare Commercial
- Humana HMO PPO Medicare Adv
- Medicare Railroad
- Medicare Tarrant
- PHCS Multiplan
- ProCare Advantage Medicare HMO
- TriWest (BCBS)
- UHC AARP Medicare Adv
- UHC Commercial
- USA Commercial PPO
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All