- Breast Surgery
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine - DO
- Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth - GME
- Allegheny General Hospital - Registrar
- Dr. Amelia Tower is a board-certified general surgeon with advanced training in breast surgical oncology. She is also certified to perform Hidden Scar™ breast cancer surgery, a technique that promotes reduced scarring and optimal healing for patients. Dr. Tower began her medical career in 2013 specializing in breast surgery and offering individualized, multidisciplinary breast health and cancer care. Since that time, she has cultivated clinical and academic experience in the latest and most advanced surgical techniques for the treatment of benign and malignant breast diseases. She uses minimally invasive surgical procedures whenever feasible for breast biopsies, mastectomies, breast oncoplastic reconstruction and other needs.
Dr. Tower also has built a reputation of initiating and restructuring successful breast surgical oncology programs and service lines at several hospitals in addition to mentoring and training clinical residents and students at all levels. She is active in the medical community, having previously served as Medical Director of Breast Surgery at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas, and as an Assistant Professor of General Surgery at the University of North Texas Health Science Center.
Dr. Tower earned her medical degree from A.T. Still University-Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Missouri. She completed her general surgery residency at Plaza Medical Center in Fort Worth, Texas, where she served as chief resident in her final year of training. She went on to complete her SSO accredited fellowship training in Breast Surgical oncology at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Penn. Dr. Tower is a Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Breast Surgeons, Association of Women Surgeons, Society of Surgical Oncology, American Osteopathic Association and Texas Medical Association.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- Amerigroup Medicaid CHIP
- BlueCross BlueShield HMO
- BlueCross BlueShield POS
- BlueCross BlueShield PPO
- BlueCross BlueShield Traditional
- Choice Care (Humana) Medicare Advantage PPO
- ChoiceCare (Humana) EPO
- Cook Children's (CHIP) Medicaid HMO
- Cook Children's (STAR) Medicaid HMO
- Coventry/First Health PPO
- HealthSmart GEPO
- HealthSmart PPO
- HealthSpring Life and Health (Medicare Advantage)
- Medicaid - Adult
- Molina Healthcare (CHIP) Medicaid
- Superior HealthPlan CHIP
- UHC Benefits of Texas (Pacificare) EPO
- UHC Benefits of Texas (Pacificare) PPO
- UHC Benefits of Texas (Pacificare)HMO
- UHC Medicare Solutions (Secure Horizons)HMO
- UnitedHealthcare HMO
- UnitedHealthcare POS
- UnitedHealthcare PPO
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All