- Vascular Surgery
- UTMB Registrar Office - Medical Education - 2000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical Cente - Fellowship-2008
- Nassau University Medical Center - Dept of Surgery - Residency-2006
- Nassau University Medical Center - Dept of Surgery - Fellowship-2004
- Nassau University Medical Center - Dept of Surgery - Residency-2003
- Raul Ortega, M.D., is a vascular surgeon who specializes in carotid disease, aortic disease, vein disease, adult cardiac surgery, minimally invasive thoracic surgery and lung cancer screening program. He is fellowship-trained in minimally-invasive techniques for the treatment of arterial and venous disease.
Originally from McAllen, Texas, Ortega has dedicated his life to studying vascular disorders and learning how to both prevent and treat them. He attended Baylor University and obtained his M.D. degree at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. Upon finishing in Galveston, he spent the next eight years in the Northeast completing his surgical training.
It was during this time that Ortega was able to finish his vascular fellowship under the auspices of the renowned Dr. H. Dardik at Mt. Sinai-Englewood program in Englewood, N.J. Dardik is widely accepted as a leader in the practice of limb salvage surgery, and in 2002 the Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery conferred a Lifetime Achievement Award to Dardik in recognition of his contributions to both the society and vascular surgery.
It didn’t take long for Ortega and his family to realize they missed the friendly people and sense of community in Texas, and in 2010 they relocated and he established his clinic in Denton. Ortega is happy to be involved in the ground-breaking medical field of vascular surgery because he sees the wide array of applications it provides to people in need: it can potentially help save lives by aortic surgery, save limbs through leg and arm revascularization, prevent strokes using carotid surgery, help treat vein disease with various varicose vein treatments, and help people on dialysis by creating arteriovenous fistulas.
In his spare time, Ortega enjoys playing tennis and spending time with his wife and three children.
- 2505 Scripture St
- 2505 Scripture St
- Ste 100
- Denton, TX 76201-2481
= Accepting New Patients
- Aetna Better Health Chip Medicaid
- Aetna Better Health Star Plans Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Adv
- Aetna TX HealthAetna
- Amerigroup Medicaid
- Amerigroup Medicare Adv
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage HMO(ACA)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials (HMO Blue)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue UT Connect
- Care N Care Medicare Adv
- Cigna Commercial
- Cigna Medicare Adv HMO
- Cigna Medicare Adv PPO
- City of Euless
- Cook Childrens Medicaid
- Coventry First Health
- Humana ChoiceCare Commercial
- Humana HMO PPO Medicare Adv
- Medicare Railroad
- Medicare Rest Of Texas
- Molina Medicaid Chip
- Molina Medicaid Star Plans
- Molina Medicare Adv
- PHCS Multiplan
- ProCare Advantage Medicare HMO
- Superior Medicaid Chip Plans
- Superior Medicaid Star Plans
- Superior Medicare Adv
- Tricare Humana Military
- TriWest (BCBS)
- UHC AARP Medicare Adv
- UHC Commercial
- USA Commercial PPO
- USA Lonestar Network
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All