- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- University of Maryland School of Medicine - Medical Education - 1995
- UTSW Cardiovascular Diseases - Fellowship-2001
- Case Western Reserve University - Residency-1998
- UTSW Electrophysiology Cardiology Fellowship - Fellowship-2002
- Theodore Takata, M.D., was born in Takoma Park, Md. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in English literature with honors, and Bachelor of Science in zoology, from the University of Maryland at College Park. He was a member of Sigma Tau Delta, Phi Sigma Society, and the General Honors curriculum program.
He received his medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore and completed his training in internal medicine at Case Western Reserve’s University Hospitals of Cleveland. He completed his training in cardiovascular disease at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, and remained there for subspecialty training in cardiac electrophysiology.
Takata joined Consultants in Cardiology in 2002. His clinical specialization encompasses the diagnosis and treatment of complex cardiac arrhythmias. His expertise includes knowledge and application of radiofrequency and point cryo catheter ablation, use of three-dimensional computer mapping systems, and atrial fibrillation ablation. In 2011, Takata performed one of the first cryoballoon ablations for atrial fibrillation in North Texas. He also specializes in the implantation and management of pacemaker and implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICDs), including cardiac resynchronization pacing devices (biventricular pacing), as well as with ICD and pacemaker lead extraction and device removal.
In addition to time spent in the care of patients, Takata devotes time to investigational clinical research and student mentorship. Clinical research has included investigation of novel oral anticoagulation agents, new antiarrhythmic medications for both life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias and atrial fibrillation, investigational cardiac pacing products such as the first MRI compatible pacemaker, and emergency antidotes for the novel oral anticoagulation agents. He has also mentored medical students for the University of North Texas Health Science Center in clinical research and clinical practice.
Takata is an avid road cyclist, gadget and computer enthusiast. He enjoys traveling, cooking and photography.
= Accepting New Patients
- Aetna Better Health Chip Medicaid
- Aetna Better Health Star Plans Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Adv
- Aetna TX HealthAetna
- Amerigroup Medicaid
- Amerigroup Medicare Adv
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage HMO(ACA)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials (HMO Blue)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue UT Connect
- Care N Care Medicare Adv
- Cigna Commercial
- Cigna Medicare Adv HMO
- Cigna Medicare Adv PPO
- City of Euless
- Cook Childrens Medicaid
- Coventry First Health
- Humana ChoiceCare Commercial
- Humana HMO PPO Medicare Adv
- Medicare Railroad
- Medicare Rest Of Texas
- Medicare Tarrant
- Molina Medicaid Chip
- Molina Medicaid Star Plans
- Molina Medicare Adv
- PHCS Multiplan
- ProCare Advantage Medicare HMO
- Superior Medicaid Chip Plans
- Superior Medicaid Star Plans
- Superior Medicare Adv
- Tricare Humana Military
- TriWest (BCBS)
- UHC AARP Medicare Adv
- UHC Commercial
- USA Commercial PPO
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All