- Spine Surgery
- Universidad Central Del Caribe - Medical Education - 1980
- Morristown Memorial Hospital - Internship-1981
- Tampa General Hospital GME - Fellowship-1996
- McGovern Medical School at UTHealth-Neurological Surgery Department - Residency-1981
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine - Residency-1987
- Dr. Walter Loyola has been performing minimally invasive procedures for the spine since 1996 and is a pioneer in the use of the modern 7mm Richard Wolf Spine Endoscope in North Texas. He performs full endoscopic spine surgery, spinal reconstruction, fusion procedures and microsurgery for a conservative approach to the treatment of brain and spine disease and disorders. His focus is on comprehensive care of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine ― from common low back pain and disc problems to spinal deformities and degenerative conditions. He also provides brain and spine trauma surgical care to address subdural hematomas, brain abscesses, wounds and more.
Dr. Loyola is board-certified in neurological surgery and fellowship-trained in spine surgery. He earned his medical degree at the Universidad del Caribe in Puerto Rico and completed his residency in neurological surgery at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine in San Juan. He served as chief resident during his final year in residency. Dr. Loyola completed his fellowship training at the University of Florida in Tampa. He has also trained at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, The Institute of Neurology in London and Morristown Memorial Hospital in New Jersey.
Dr. Loyola is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, American Medical Association, Dallas County Medical Society and Texas Medical Association. He has been recognized in Newsweek’s Best Doctors of Texas and D Magazine’s Best Doctors as one of the area’s best since 2005.
Dr. Loyola is a native of Mexico City and speaks fluent Spanish. When not with his patients, he enjoys taking part in outdoor activities such as scuba diving, water skiing and horseback riding.
- 4370 Medical Arts Dr
- 4370 Medical Arts Dr
- Ste 340
- Flower Mound, TX 75028-1712
= Accepting New Patients
- Aetna Medicare Adv
- Aetna TX HealthAetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage HMO(ACA)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials (HMO Blue)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue UT Connect
- Care N Care Medicare Adv
- Cigna Commercial
- Cigna Medicare Adv HMO
- Cigna Medicare Adv PPO
- City of Euless
- Coventry First Health
- Coventry First Health Workers Comp
- Fort Worth Firefighters
- HealthScope (DART)
- Humana ChoiceCare Commercial
- Humana HMO PPO Medicare Adv
- Medicare Rest Of Texas
- Medicare Tarrant
- PHCS Multiplan
- ProCare Advantage Medicare HMO
- Tricare Humana Military
- TriWest (BCBS)
- UHC AARP Medicare Adv
- UHC Commercial
- USA Commercial PPO
- USA Lonestar Network
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All