- Surgery Critical Care
- University of Maryland Medical Center - Fellowship-2007
- New York Coll of Osteopathic Med of NY Institute of Technology - Medical Education - 1999
- National Capital Consortium Program - General Surgery - Residency-2004
- National Naval Medical Center Bethesda - Internship-2000
- George Washington Univ School of Medicine & Health Sciences - Graduate School - 2008
- Dr. Carlos Rodriguez is a decorated veteran of the United States Navy, where he spent 24 years on active duty (1991-2018). As a junior officer, Dr. Rodriguez spent four and a half years in the nuclear Navy with most of that time as a division officer onboard the USS MARYLAND (SSBN 738) - a Trident class submarine in Kings Bay, GA. After completing his initial tour, he resigned his commission as a Lieutenant in submarine Navy to attend medical school (1995-1999) at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in Old Westbury, NY.
Following completion of medical school, Dr. Rodriguez went back on active duty in 1999. He spent five years at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD completing his residency in general surgery. From 2006-2008, Dr. Rodriguez performed his fellowship in trauma and surgical critical care at the University of Maryland-R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, MD.
Throughout his military career, Dr. Rodriguez made numerous combat surgical deployments (2004, 2009, 2010, and 2014) to Iraq and Afghanistan. Throughout his career, when not deployed or in fellowship training, Dr. Rodriguez was stationed at the National Naval Medical Center (renamed to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in 2011). From 2012 until his retirement in 2018, Dr. Rodriguez held numerous leadership positions including Trauma Medical Director and Chief of Emergency General Surgery.
As the Trauma Medical Director for Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Dr. Rodriguez led a 60-member multidisciplinary team caring for over 750 Wounded Warriors injured while fighting in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation New Dawn, Operation Enduring Freedom, and Operation Inherent Resolve.
After retiring from the Navy, Dr. Rodriguez set down roots in Fort Worth in 2018. He joined Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) in March of 2022. Prior to that, he was working at John Peter Smith Hospital as the Director of Emergency General Surgery and Surgical Research. Dr. Rodriguez is the Academic Vice Chair of Surgery and the Medical Director for Acute Care Surgery at Texas Health Fort Worth.
Dr. Rodriguez holds board certification in general surgery and surgical critical care. Dr. Rodriguez also holds an MBA in healthcare administration from George Washington University in Washington, D.C. He has published over 70 peer-reviewed manuscripts and book chapters and has edited 2 textbooks. He remains active in publishing and in resident education. In addition to providing care of the acutely injured/surgically ill patient, his clinical areas of focus include abdominal wall reconstruction, complex hernia repair, and robotic assisted, minimally invasive surgery. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (EAST).
= Accepting New Patients
- Aetna Medicare Adv
- Aetna TX HealthAetna
- BCBS Par Number
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage HMO(ACA)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials (HMO Blue)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue UT Connect
- Care N Care Medicare Adv
- Cigna Commercial
- City of Euless
- Coventry First Health
- Fort Worth Firefighters
- HealthScope (DART)
- Humana ChoiceCare Commercial
- Humana HMO PPO Medicare Adv
- Medicare Railroad
- Medicare Tarrant
- PHCS Multiplan
- UHC AARP Medicare Adv
- UHC Commercial
- USA Commercial PPO
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All