- Joint Replacement
- John Peter Smith Hospital Program - Residency-1991
- John Peter Smith Hospital-Transitional Program - Internship-1987
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine - Fellowship-1992
- UTMB Registrar Office - Medical Education - 1985
- St Paul Training Programs - Closed AMA Profile can verify - Internship-1986
- Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Fellowship-Trained in Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction Surgery
Specialties: Arthritis and other Hip and Knee Conditions, Total Hip and Knee Replacement, Direct Anterior Hip Arthroplasty, Hip Arthroscopy
Theodore Crofford, M.D., is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon fellowship-trained in adult reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee. He holds a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, Ind. He received his medical degree from The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston before completing his internship and orthopedic residency training at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth.
Dr. Crofford went on to complete his fellowship training at the University of Pittsburg Medical Center in Pennsylvania in adult reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Crofford manages most problems of the hip and knee in adults. He particularly has extensive experience in hip arthroscopy and the direct anterior approach to hip replacement. He has been one of the early participants in the new technology of the robotic assisted hip and knee replacement. He is also an advocate of the quad sparing and “gap” balancing method of knee arthroplasty.
He has been a practicing orthopedic surgeon in North Texas since 1992 and joined Texas Hip and Knee Center in 2001.
Dr. Crofford is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons and Texas Orthopedic Association.
- 10900 Founders Way Ste 201
- 10900 Founders Way, Ste 201
- Fort Worth, TX 76244-4955
- 5450 Clearfork Main
- 5450 Clearfork Main
- Ste 100
- Fort Worth, TX 76109-3562
= Accepting New Patients
- Aetna Medicare Adv
- Aetna TX HealthAetna
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage HMO(ACA)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials (HMO Blue)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Medicare Advantage PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue UT Connect
- Care N Care Medicare Adv
- Cigna Commercial
- Cigna Medicare Adv HMO
- Cigna Medicare Adv PPO
- City of Euless
- Coventry First Health
- Fort Worth Firefighters
- HealthScope (DART)
- Humana ChoiceCare Commercial
- Humana HMO PPO Medicare Adv
- Medicare Railroad
- Medicare Tarrant
- PHCS Multiplan
- ProCare Advantage Medicare HMO
- Tricare Humana Military
- TriWest (BCBS)
- UHC AARP Medicare Adv
- UHC Commercial
- USA Commercial PPO
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All